As the weather becomes warmer and we are able to see the light of day again, I hope that you will enjoy this summer recipe that I made for my husband on days when I don’t want to turn on the stove.
Enjoy as it is packed with protein and there is always enough for leftovers.
Berry Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional-I never use it)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of dried tarragon
- 1 ½ cups chopped or shredded leftover chicken (1 bigger breast)
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries or whole fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- Torn salad greens or spinach
- Handful of finely chopped pecans lightly toasted (optional)
- Whisk the first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken, berries, peas, celery, and stir well to combine.
- Scoop chicken salad over salad greens or...